Pages

Monday 8 May 2023

Building Academy

 Hello I am Faith Phillips I am a 17 year old that is currently attending the Building Academy at Bay of Islands College. I have been in the Building Academy since the beginning of 2022.  There can be up to 16 of us that work around the school and build/fix that is needed.

The projects we done last year is: Deck, fence, stairs, cupboards and the future p.e shed. We went out on site a week but towards the end of the year the end i went out twice a week with two different company's. On the site I did things like: jibbing, putting doors in, framing, putting windows in, ect.

The projects we are planning to do is: Retaining wall, building our class room, welding room for metal work and I am building a cabin.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Faith,
    I was rapt when you returned to BAC as a second year student. As this meant you already knew the basics and you would be able to build on the knowledge.
    I know WhaOut Builders will look forward to having you on site as the jobs they now get you to do will become more challenging.you gained in 2022.
    WhaOut have already commented to me about how reliable you are, and that you turn up rain, hail or shine.
    What project are you most looking forward to doing this year?

    ReplyDelete